REQUEST: All notes class, via video chat

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

REQUEST: All notes class, via video chat

Postby WillieBHines » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Looking for an Advanced-level improv class that is wholly comprised of the teacher giving notes with zero scenes or warmups actually done.

Preferably the teacher would be in the middle of giving notes at the start of class, but I understand if he/she needs to take attendance before starting.

Basically I need to be humbled, and I need to be challenged, and I need perspective and I think it would be helpful to have a trained improv teachers give me and my classmates some good notes.

Don't need any class shows per se, but I would like it if one of the sessions where at the chelsea theater in the back hallway getting post-show type of notes.

Also, I can only do video chat because I live in Los Angeles. Or phone! I could do a phone version of this class.

Thanks in advance,
William Bradford Hines
--Former Academic Supervisor
--Co-founder of Monkeydick and Orc Pit
--Was part of a group that got one point in Terry Withers' MATCH/OUTMATCH game, which I believe is the record
WillieBHines

Users Information

Re: REQUEST: All notes class, via video chat

Postby tanouye » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:24 pm

WillieBHines wrote:Looking for an Advanced-level improv class that is wholly comprised of the teacher giving notes with zero scenes or warmups actually done.

Preferably the teacher would be in the middle of giving notes at the start of class, but I understand if he/she needs to take attendance before starting.

Basically I need to be humbled, and I need to be challenged, and I need perspective and I think it would be helpful to have a trained improv teachers give me and my classmates some good notes.

Don't need any class shows per se, but I would like it if one of the sessions where at the chelsea theater in the back hallway getting post-show type of notes.

Also, I can only do video chat because I live in Los Angeles. Or phone! I could do a phone version of this class.

Thanks in advance,
William Bradford Hines
--Former Academic Supervisor
--Co-founder of Monkeydick and Orc Pit
--Was part of a group that got one point in Terry Withers' MATCH/OUTMATCH game, which I believe is the record

Hello William,

I don't foresee us offering a class like this anytime soon. If we did, though, it would be helpful if you let us know when you're interested in taking it. Please be specific!
Erik Tanouye
School Manager
(also Improv/Sketch teacher and performer)
UCB Training Center
520 Eighth Ave, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10018
tanouye

Users Information

Postby WillieBHines » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 pm

7pm LA time, Tuesday nights. So 10pm NYC time. I would like the class to be 2 hours and 17 minutes long with one five minute break at the one hour mark. Thanks in advance.
WillieBHines

Users Information

Postby Eddie_doug » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:38 am

I second this request! Also I would like to add a request for live notes to also be transmitted via AOL instant messanger! My Windows 98 does not support the skype function and there's bad reception where I reside so IMing would be most benificial!

Edward George Dougrou
Some random UCB student
Eddie_doug

Users Information

Postby CharoneF » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Bradford? Wow. Nice.
CharoneF

Users Information

Postby gooseisdead » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 am

> x notes
(This is something you cannot do here or I don't understand you.)
> x chat
(We may have had this conversation before, but either you or I cannot remember.)
> get notes
(none given)
> give notes
(You cannot give notes. You know nothing. Haven't you learned?)
> x skype

A skype window opens. There are two cats in one cage. From the bars of the cage hangs a note. "Hey, even though I moved to LA, I'm in NYC from [date] to [/date]." The cats meow.

> x meow

(Help us!)

>ignore
>get notes
(none given)
>GET NOTES
(none given)

>hint
gooseisdead

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center