March 15 - NEW ASH/ASI Policy - 3 Classes in 12 months

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

Re: March 15 - NEW ASH/ASI Policy - 3 Classes in 12 months

Postby kevhines » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Yes, (as Erik said) special classes like Shannon's 12 week ASH can be applied to even if you have already taken 3 classes in 12 months BUT if you get in it will count as your 4th class in 12 months, so you will have to wait until you can apply for another ASH/ASI.

The Shannon class is still an ASH, so you can't take another ASH at the same time. We are just making an exception for the 12 month policy because it's rarely offered and a favorite and we'd have to have you miss out on applying for it because you didn't know it was coming up.

-----------------

Your class date is based on when your classes ended. So if the oldest class you took ended on March 1 2013 (ie session 8 was on March 1) then you can take a class that starts March 2 2014 - we count class sessions NOT show date (I believe)..

When you sign up it will tell you when you can next sign up if you have taken more than 3 classes in the last 12 months.

----------------
kevhines

Users Information

Postby ASong » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:27 pm

If I don't fully understand the new policies (but I tried really hard to), do I get kicked out of Advanced Study?
ASong

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 pm

ASong wrote:If I don't fully understand the new policies (but I tried really hard to), do I get kicked out of Advanced Study?

yes.
kevhines

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 am

Updated this post so that it doesn't say 4,6, or 8 week classes and now says multi-session classes.

When we created this new rule, we had never offered an ASH/ASI less than 4 weeks. Now we have, and we plan to keep doing that. Shorter classes are cheaper, easier to schedule, and we can fit more of them in so that we can offer more ASH/ASI in total.

We plan to keep offering 8 week classes, but we will continue to offer a variety of different lengths for our ASH/ASI classes.

Unfortunately as long as demand is so high we have to count every multi-session class you enroll in towards your limit of 3 per 12 months.
kevhines

Users Information

Previous

Return to New York Training Center