[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Classes Going Online in April - New Procedure | UCB Comedy • Improv and Sketch Comedy Resource Forum

Classes Going Online in April - New Procedure

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

Re: Classes Going Online in April - New Procedure

Postby AlexAlex » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:19 pm

is there a window of time for when classes could go up? for example, will it only be during normal work hours or could a class potentially go up at 8:00 AM on a Sunday?

also, there's another downside that you don't mention. some people see when a class is going to be scheduled and don't immediately know they'll be available to take it. they have to figure out what their work schedule is going to be or try and move some things around before they even apply. hopefully they have at least a few times where they're definitely available, otherwise this new system won't really work for them. under the old way, they'd see when the classes were and had some time to figure out if the days and times worked for them.
AlexAlex

Users Information

Postby tanouye » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Erik Tanouye
School Manager
(also Improv/Sketch teacher and performer)
UCB Training Center
520 Eighth Ave, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10018
tanouye

Users Information

Postby ybba12 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm

I know this is a far-fetched question, but do you have any estimate on when an Improv 301 during the week/evening or morning would be posted? I am continually checking the website/grad shows, but all of the 301's posted have been 3:30-6:30 for the past few weeks so I thought I would take a shot and ask!

Thanks so much.
ybba12

Users Information

Postby jmdm25 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 am

I am a potential new student. I have been checking the message board every Monday and Wednesday night for two months. I have been waiting for a Tuesday or Thursday morning class for Improv 101 to be posted. I understand the new procedure and will check the site more often and get a twitter account. Is there any special procedure for requesting a class? I am looking forward to beginning at UCB. Thank you, Janelle
jmdm25

Users Information

Postby Alex1772 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 pm

So are you saying that if some one doesnt have twitter or a smartphone that supports twitter we will not know in advance when classes are being posted?
Alex1772

Users Information

Postby morganphillips » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

I have a (fairly) dumb phone, and can receive texts with new tweets from specific twitter accounts. It's an option from within Twitter, which you can access from a computer. Of the sort that would be required to access this message board.
& .
morganphillips

Users Information

Postby tanouye » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Erik Tanouye
School Manager
(also Improv/Sketch teacher and performer)
UCB Training Center
520 Eighth Ave, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10018
tanouye

Users Information

Postby john1108 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Even if you don't have a Twitter account, you can have Twitter send you texts from a @UCBClassesNYC.

Just text "follow UCBClassesNYC" to 40404. If you want to turn it off, just text "off" to the same number.

Here's the details:

https://blog.twitter.com/2010/introduci ... r-sms-tips
john1108

Users Information

Postby donatello » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:35 pm

I like this new system; I just have no reason to obsessively check these message boards anymore!
Let's make a new, less efficient, system for something or other so I can continue this obsession...
donatello

Users Information

Postby Looch » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:31 pm

With the old way those who work and have school could plan in trying to get into a class. Knowing fully that it might sell out in seconds. Now with the new system it's very hard to do so. I've missed two 301 opportunities that I would have had a shot at. Now I have no opportunity because they were both sold out quickly. (Just like before)
I have also noticed that Twitter or other social media was not used yet to make announcement.
So for me, this new way seems less fair.
Looch

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to New York Training Center