New Training Center Website

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

New Training Center Website

Postby HumAFewBars » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Congrats on the new website!

Just some things I've noticed so far.

The page with a list of all open courses no longer exists, or at least the old URL doesn't lead to it anymore.

If there is a page for it, the FAQs need to be updated with the correct URL.

Also the "How The School Works" doesn't mention anything about Character's Welcome or Character 101.

(and not the Training Center, but the Theater's FAQs still state that you can apply for Maude after Sketch 201, when it is now acceptance into Advanced Study. There were still some people in my Sketch 201 that thought they could submit as a Maude writer because of the Theater FAQs.)
HumAFewBars

Users Information

Re: New Training Center Website

Postby indybones » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 am

adding a question...

does this mean to sign up for a class on my phone, i need to be logged in?

adding precious seconds.
indybones

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:46 pm

We are hoping by requiring you to log in you won't have to rush to enter all your other info every time - as it will be associated with your account. So it adds time up top, but saves time later.

Also once you start the sign up process, the spot is locked for you. Giving you plenty of time to complete enrollment (or to cancel if you realize it's not a class you can take)

Making changes to the School FAQ now...
kevhines

Users Information

Postby HumAFewBars » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:49 am

"THE CLASS I WANT IS SOLD OUT. CAN I GET ON A WAITING LIST?

We can't maintain waiting lists. If a student withdraws from a course before it begins, that spot will be made available online. Keep checking the list of all courses currently available.

Due to high demand it is not unusual for a class to sell out in 1-2 minutes. 50-75 students could be online attempting to register for 16 spots. "

The link in this one is still broken. And at this point is a little superfluous if the full open course list is no longer available.

I got into 2 classes just by being on the full course list and refreshing all the damn time about 72 hours before the ckass started in case there were dropouts or intern slots released.
HumAFewBars

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center