UK to NY help/advice/kind words to make me think it's doable

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

UK to NY help/advice/kind words to make me think it's doable

Postby cpw33ls » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Hey guys, my name is Chris and I am an improviser from the UK. I have studied longform here for a year and want to take an intensive at the UCB in the summer. Would anybody be able to answer some questions I have? I would really appreciate any advice.

I’ve been told that I can jump into the 201, because of my training here (UK) and at the iO. So, when do 201 intensives happen, and what’s the application process?
Also, how much time do we get before knowing if we’ve got on to starting our first day? Cause I’d need time to book flights and everything.

And ball-park, how much is an intensive? Normal course are 450, so is an intensive the same?

Also, New Yorkers, I am poor. How much ill I need to live in the city for two weeks? Bearing in mind I don’t eat a lot and can go without alcohol for two weeks – even though im Scottish and that will be super-difficult.

Thanks guys. Any other advice would be really appreciated.
cpw33ls

Users Information

Re: UK to NY help/advice/kind words to make me think it's do

Postby kevhines » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:40 am

Our intensive courses are currently $475

We post them earlier them regular courses, so they could start to go up over the course of the next month. Follow our twitter feed so you know when they go on sale: @UCBClassesNYC

If you think you qualify to skip 101 you should email the registrar to get permission first. It would stink to enroll and be removed from the course because you hadn't gotten permission. So email now and the registrar will let you know if you are required to take our 101 or our 201.
classes@ucbcomedy.com

I have no concept of how much a hotel/food expenses would be in NYC for a week (or two as our 201 intensives are usually two weeks)
kevhines

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center