UCB "Permanent Record"

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

UCB "Permanent Record"

Postby Hottopic27 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi,
I've been taking classes for a few years now. I've always heard that UCB keeps a "permanent record" of sorts, a file with teacher's notes from each class for each student. Is this true or is this just an urban myth? And are the notes anything of substance? Or is it just your 401 notes and a checklist of classes you've taken? Has anyone ever seen there Permanent Record"?
Hottopic27

Users Information

Re: UCB "Permanent Record"

Postby kevhines » Thu May 26, 2016 9:36 am

It's less serious then that, but yes. We have a record of every class you've taken, whether you completed it or not, and some brief notes from the teacher. For most classes it's something very simple "Did good work" or "Pretty good at game". If you struggled with an aspect of the class it might be listed as well "Needs to get off the backline more. If you push her, she'll do great work" or "Played a little silly in the early weeks, but did better as class went on" -- nothing is written in these notes that wasn't said to you multiple times in classes.

It also includes the 401 notes that were emailed to you.

These notes are all useful for future teachers so they know in session 1 what notes you've gotten. If you are shy and not stepping out, is that just a one class issue - and you're shy because it's new people, or is it a trend that you always struggle with? By knowing ahead of time there can be less disconnect from class to class.
kevhines

Users Information

Postby mrm591 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Are students able to access this or is it just for faculty use?
mrm591

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 am

Sorry I hadn't replied to this sooner.

It's been in the works for a while to make your grades and future notes visible, and I knew it was coming up soon so I didn't want to answer when I knew my answer would change in less than a month.

Check out the other post about Student Grades and Comments.
kevhines

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center