Tuition Increase 2017

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

Tuition Increase 2017

Postby tanouye » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Hello everyone,

We are raising our class prices beginning in January, 2017. It sucks whenever anything gets more expensive. Our last tuition increase was four years ago, in January 2013. Most eight-week classes will now be $450, which includes a $35 processing fee. (Other classes will see a similar increase of $40 in tuition and $10 to the processing fee)

Why are we doing this? In general, the cost of doing business increases every year and we have to raise prices accordingly. Since our last tuition increase, we have opened new student facilities on both coasts, offering a great home to our student body. We have also added dedicated professionals as directors of student affairs to meet the needs of our students. And we continue to expand our other offerings, like the library, student events, and scholarships. Plus we remain insured in case you are injured in class or at your class performance (although we hope that never happens).

This will affect classes that begin in January 2017. Classes that start in 2016 will not be affected.

We do our best to keep overhead low and continue to offer the best improv and sketch comedy classes in the universe. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm not sure I'll be able to answer them, but I'll try.
Erik Tanouye
School Manager
(also Improv/Sketch teacher and performer)
UCB Training Center
520 Eighth Ave, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10018
tanouye

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center