Two Year Period

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

Two Year Period

Postby K+456 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:49 pm

I was accepted to the Academy back in April. Since then, I have submitted to many Academy Harold classes, as well as a few teacher selected performance classes, with no success. I understand that I am accepted into the program for two years, but I am now five months in and have yet to take a class. Recently, there haven't been any classes opening up, so it seems to be even more out of my control.

Is there going to be any flexibility with the two year window? Are the many classes I applied for taken into consideration?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
K+456

Users Information

Re: Two Year Period

Postby sbor9292 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm

I also have the same concerns -- except I haven't applied to as many because I was waiting for one that either fit my schedule or addressed things I wanted to work on.
sbor9292

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:59 am

While we reserve the right to extend that two year period, as of right now we do not plan to do that.
You'd have to re-audition after your 2 years is up.

You still have a year and a half, so I hope you'll find some classes to get into. I'm sorry you've had bad luck getting selected.

For random classes we still the weighting system so each time you apply to a randomly selected class your chances improve. Ideally soon you'll get into one.

Teacher Selected classes, as always, are more competitive and harder to get into. Particularly Performance classes which have the most applicants of any class we have. (Zack Willis recently offered a teacher selected Improv in the Wild which had a much lower applicant pool despite being what looks like a very cool class)
kevhines

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 pm

sbor9292 wrote:I also have the same concerns -- except I haven't applied to as many because I was waiting for one that either fit my schedule or addressed things I wanted to work on.

it's hard to gauge what students are looking to work on, but I am encouraging teachers to offer a variety of Academy classes (versus just offering the same one 3 or 4 times in a row) so hopefully you see something you want to take. If you don't see anything you like then I am not sure extra time in the Academy will matter, right?
kevhines

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center