The Upright Citizens Brigade Training Center is hiring a Diversity Coordinator for its Los Angeles operations.
This is a rewarding and exciting opportunity to help increase and involve the variety of comedic voices at UCB and interact with established and undiscovered talent. This position will report directly to the Los Angeles Academic Director and consult with UCB’s Diversity Committee. While the hours are heavy during scholarship application periods (mid-late March and mid-late September), hours are otherwise part-time (typically 10 hours or less per week) and much of the work can be done from home.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reading scholarship essays
- Scheduling scholarship interviews
- Interviewing scholarship applicants
- Emailing acceptance/deferral to applicants
- Coordinating mentorships
- Fielding inquiries from current & potential students
- Assembling & producing educational panels
- Organizing improv & sketch writing workshops
- Ability to work both independently & cooperatively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to strike a proper tone in correspondence
- Attention to cultural and societal differences
- Broad knowledge of comedy
- Familiarity with UCB Training Center program & vocabulary
- Graduate of UCB Training Center’s improv or sketch program strongly preferred
Position available immediately. Selected applicant will be expected to shadow the current Diversity Coordinator closely for the March scholarship application period.
Please send a cover letter and resume to LAjobs@ucbcomedy.com detailing your experience as it relates to the qualifications above. Integrate your experience at UCB, your career goals, and hourly pay requirement.
Cover letter and resume should be included in a single PDF.
PLEASE NO FOLLOW UP CALLS OR EMAILS.
UCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.