Hey, come on!

Questions/Comments about the LA Class Program

Hey, come on!

Postby Ewalt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

UCB New York puts a post up in their forum about up coming classes a day before they are posted. Why can't we do this here in Los Angeles? I check Sketch 201 5-10 times a day yet I have missed the last 4 sign-ups. Come on! I never would have taken sketch 101 if I knew it would take me a year to get into 201. Come on!
Ewalt

Users Information

Re: Hey, come on!

Postby joewengert » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Hey Ewalt

There are a few reasons why we post classes a bit differently than NY does.

1. We don't have our own class space

We are working on changing this, but for the time being we can't guarantee that our class space will be available very far in advance. This forces us to be a bit more erratic and last minute.

2. Schedules of LA teachers fluctuate more frequently

This is a generalization, but it seems like there is more work in LA so it is harder to nail down teachers very far in advance. Our teachers are all great so many of them get pulled away to work, often last minute. Again, this makes long-range planning very difficult.

3. Tracking Demand

We like to watch how classes fill up and add more classes based on those trends. We are afraid of exceed demand with a set schedule so we like to go a bit more week to week

4. It Won't Be Better

Look: classes are just really popular right now. If there is a prescribed time when classes go up, there is no guarantee that you won't still be beat out since EVERYONE will know that classes go up on Wednesdays at 1 or whatever. In fact, I'm convinced it will be worse. Everyone will be on at the same time trying to sign up for classes. At least now it feels like we are awarding some sort of persistence and dedication.

So those are the reasons. If you have more questions or want to yell "come on" some more I'm okay with that.
joewengert

Users Information

Postby Ewalt » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 am

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. I have a new idea. I'll just make the class I wants registration page my home page. Sorry I got angry.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012 ... -money.gif
Ewalt

Users Information

Postby Chris Carter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 am

That's it, im putting LA UCB Training Center on the next segment of COME ON MAN, next week's MNF.

COME ON MAN!
Chris Carter

Users Information

Return to Los Angeles Training Center