Important Changes at the Training Center

Questions/Comments about the LA Class Program

Important Changes at the Training Center

Postby joewengert » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 am

Hello UCB Training Center Students!

I'm writing this post to let you all know that, after almost six years, I'm stepping down from my position as the Academic Supervisor of the Training Center. I need to step down because next week I start a new job writing for "Kroll Show" on Comedy Central. This has been the best job I've ever had and I'm sad to see it go.

I'm very excited to say that Johnny Meeks is going to take over supervising the Los Angeles branch of the school effective Monday, January 7th. If you've taken a class with Johnny you know he's one of the best improv teachers in LA. I really really love the Training Center so I'm glad someone as talented and smart as Johnny is going to get a chance at shaping the future of the place. You will be able to reach him at johnny@ucbcomedy.com shortly. (I'd keep an eye on the message boards here for announcements about things like office hours.)

Long Form Improv is one of my favorite things in the world. We are right in the middle of a very exciting time period for improv, and I feel very lucky to have had the chance to work with the teachers and students of UCB in NY and LA. Thanks.

Joe Wengert
joewengert

Users Information

Return to Los Angeles Training Center