UCBLa Diversity program

Questions/Comments about the LA Class Program

UCBLa Diversity program

Postby juliansafro » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Hey, my names Julian Vargas and I''m currently in Improv 301 and sketch 201. I was wondering if there's a newsletter or something that notifies people about the Diversity program? On the website it says to email Mano, I did about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back so I'm wondering if there's anything for the diversity program in la for people who are interested in the diversity program?
juliansafro

Users Information

Re: UCBLa Diversity program

Postby cellabella » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Ditto

I'd like to be added to an mailing listI too. I emailed Mano almost two months ago and never heard back.
cellabella

Users Information

Postby juliansafro » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:59 pm

It's a little disconcerting that seemingly no one is taking care of running the Diversity program and making it assessable in any way at all. Posting here I thought anyone of Authority would respond, this lack of response only adds to my frustration at how little UCB actually cares about the Diversity program.
juliansafro

Users Information

Postby cellabella » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:33 pm

I wouldn't put the fault on UCB.....

I just moved here from NYC and the program there is top notch. The folks running it are deeply involved and very supportive. And it keeps getting better every year. Not that that is helpful in this situation.

However yesterday, I did finally receive a response to my email to Mano.

He recommends joining the Facebook group called "ucb diversity students". There was no link provided.

I'm not on Facebook, so I'm still out of luck on this one.

I'd love to run the diversity program or help run it here in LA. It literally changed my life in NYC. I would have never fallen into UCB without this program. I'm certain LA students would benefit from this just as I did in New York.

So anywho, that's all I've got. I hope that helps!
cellabella

Users Information

Postby juliansafro » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm

I still haven't gotten an email but I just joined the Facebook group and we'll see how that goes.
juliansafro

Users Information

Postby cellabella » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Keep me in the loop if you can!

create.art@me.com
cellabella

Users Information

Postby jesparza07 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Hey! If you haven't heard anything still, you can email Johnny Meeks at johnny@ucbcomedy.com. He's the academic supervisor and is also involved in the diversity program.

The diversity program isn't as evolved as the one in New York, but UCB is one of the only comedy schools to have a diversity program, so I count my blessings. It's a good program, and only has room to get better. I hope you get the information you need.

Jesse
jesparza07

Users Information

Return to Los Angeles Training Center