Honest Teacher Reviews

Questions/Comments about the LA Class Program

Honest Teacher Reviews

Postby JacobReynolds » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I think it would be incredibly helpful to share reviews of teachers online. Through the grapevine I've heard various recommendations, but it would be great to have an online database where students can post their honest thoughts. The more information you provide, better. I'll start:

101 with Hal Rudnick Saturdays 12 PM - 3 PM at the Lyric Hyperion Cafe in Silver Lake. Hal is very energetic and supportive. He made us all feel comfortable taking risks. He knew what was a scene was missing and would call it out right away. He was very involved in our scenes, typically side coaching us to build strong scenes and, every once in a blue moon, he'd join the scene to help us.

One of his best strategies was taking notes on every scene. He'd analyze it and provide suggestions for future improvement. This individualized focus was extraordinarily helpful.

He's done improv for many years at theaters all around LA, including IO West and Groundlings. Hal said UCB had the best energy right now and that's the reason he spends so much time there. His genuine love of improv and hilarious sense of humor were a treat to be around every week. I highly recommend Hal to anyone interested in improv.
JacobReynolds

Users Information

Re: Honest Teacher Reviews

Postby Shawn Robinson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Not sure if we should really have a teacher review thread as I'm sure there will be a dick or two out there who will slam cool instructors for no good reason.

That being said, I have had great experiences with Mel Cowan, Pamela Murphy, and Eugene Cordero and am looking forward to working with more of the faculty.
Shawn Robinson

Users Information

Return to Los Angeles Training Center