Ian Roberts Podcast: Rehearse atleast 3 times a week

The UCB Theatre Podcast begs for discussion. So do it here!

Ian Roberts Podcast: Rehearse atleast 3 times a week

Postby Schuette » Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 am

Hey! I love the UCB Podcast, I've been listening to it since before I was a student! Looking forward to the next ones!

On the Ian Roberts podcast he mentioned something along the lines of "If you want to be a good team, you have to rehearse atleast 3 times a week." I"m assuming this is in reference to the UCB 4 back in the early to mid 90's when they were in chicago, and probably also in reference to iO house teams as well. I'm assuming they were spending a lot of time together rehearsing, and with no indie community in chicago back then (and perhaps not now, I'm uncertain), it seemed like being on one team was the norm.

I think it'd be great to rehearse with a team atleast 3 times a week, but it seems that no one does that, or it's impractical, due to all of our crazy schedules and yadda yadda yadda, plus several people are usually involved with multiple groups at once rendering it impossible to rehearse with any one group that much.

Are there teams in the city that rehearse 3 or 4 times a week? Does spending lots of time throughout the week with team members, almost double as rehearsal? I'm still a novice, so I'd like hear anyone's thoughts on this.
Schuette

Users Information

Return to UCB Theatre Podcast