UCBTLA HAROLD TEAM AUDITIONS
The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Los Angeles is holding auditions for placement on new Harold Teams.
AUDITIONS will be held on Friday, October 14th, from 7pm to 11pm at the Meta Theatre (7801 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046), and on Saturday, October 15th, from 10am to 1pm at the UCB Theatre (5919 Franklin Ave, Los Angeles, 90028).
CALLBACKS will be held the evening of Sunday, October 16th, at the Meta Theatre.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO AUDITION
In order to audition, you must meet one of the following three requirements:
1) You must be approved for Advanced Study Courses by the UCB Training Center AND you must have successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2010. (If you are uncertain as to whether or not you're approved for Advanced Study, please visit this page to see how to apply to the Advanced Study program and learn your status: http://losangeles.ucbtrainingcenter.com/advanced.)
2) You must be a former member of a UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team.
3) You must currently be enrolled in an Improv 401 class that is still in session (however, current 401 students must wait until October 7th to sign up -- see below).
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION
• Sign-ups are accepted IN-PERSON ONLY at UCB Theatre (5919 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028) Monday–Friday 11:00am-6:00pm BEGINNING THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6th for Advanced Study students, and FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th, for current 401 students (Advanced Study students can also sign up on Friday if they weren't able to sign up on Thursday). You must come to the theatre to sign up. Sign-ups are NOT allowed by phone or email. You may sign up yourself and ONE other qualified student.
• Former UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team members don't need to wait in line to sign up. You will just leave your name and email on a separate sheet and you will be contacted with an audition time.
• Audition spots are first come, first serve, and they will fill up.
MATERIALS REQUESTED AT SIGN-UPS
• Please bring a print-out of the email you received informing you that you have been accepted into the Advanced Study Program.
• If you are signing someone else up for an audition spot, please bring this print-out for them as well.
• On the day of the audition, improvisers will be seen every 20 minutes in groups of 8.
• Auditioners do not need to prepare anything in advance. The audition will be entirely improvised.
• Please bring a headshot and resume to the audition. If you do not have a headshot, bring a recent picture of yourself. To help us get to know you better as an improviser, please also bring a list of other improv teams you are on (indie teams, 3-on-3 teams, practice groups), if applicable. List should include team names, team members, coaches, and a list of shows/venues where your team has performed.
• PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST TEN MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED AUDITION TIME.