Zach Zucker wants to Coach!

Are you an improv coach? A Director? Are you looking to start a practice group?

Zach Zucker wants to Coach!

Postby zzucker11 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Calling all beautiful comedy nerds looking for a Coach!!

How are we doing friends?! My name is Zach Zucker, I'm a performer at The UCB Theatre and iO West, and I'm looking to coach some awesome Improv teams/practice groups!

I started studying at iO West, The Miles Stroth Workshop, and The UCB Theatre in 2012 and I've studied with teachers such as Neil Casey, Eliza Skinner, Joe Wengert, James Mastraeini, Will Hines, Eugene Cordero, Miles Stroth, Emily Candini (my mom), Billy Merritt, Tara Copeland, Neil Garguilo, Sean Cowhig, and Brian O'Connell to name a few. I've also studied at The Second City and iO in Chicago and I just spent the past seven months studying at an international clown school in France with the Master of Clown and Inventor of Bouffon, Philippe Gaulier.

While in France, I studied a number of performance aspects that I don't think we pay enough attention to in comedic training in America. To name a few.. We studied variations of mask play which helps focus on bringing life and specific movements to the characters we play. Melodrama, to really really ground your scenes and make the stakes as real as possible, no matter how ridiculous the situation may be, whilst adding a theatrical element to it. And clown, which focuses on extreme sensitivity, allowing you to always feel where you stand with the audience. Most importantly, in my opinion, you know immediately when we as the audience don't like what you're doing.

While I'm not "Institution Certified" in Los Angeles, I taught a weekly workshop to beginner, international students, from 40 different countries, many of whom don't speak English as their first language. Through teaching these workshops I grew a lot as a performer and developed a strong skill set as a teacher. I would love to bring all of this weirdness from Europe to our loving comedy community, especially before I leave again (October 10th) for another 11 months.. You should all come study at E'cole Philippe Gaulier but that's a conversation for another time.

Here are my available times:

Monday: 10:00 to 10:00
Tuesday: 10:00 to 10:00
Wednesday: 10:00 to 5:30
Thursday: 10:00 to 7:00
Friday: 10:00 to 2 and 6:30 to 8:30
Saturday: 10:00 to 8:00
Sunday: None

If you're interested, don't hesitate to send me a Facebook message or an email (zach@zachzucker.com) to get crackin. Looking forward to teaching you guys!
zzucker11

Users Information

Return to LA- Coaches, Directors, Practice Groups