Kerry McGuire - CAN DIRECT YOUR SKETCH!!!!!

Are you an improv coach? A Director? Are you looking to start a practice group?

Kerry McGuire - CAN DIRECT YOUR SKETCH!!!!!

Postby McG » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:05 am

Hi!
I'm a writer/director/performer and I'm available to direct your sketch team or help you with your solo show!

A little about me: I've been at the UCB since 2008, starting in New York and for the last almost year in Los Angeles. I wrote for lots 'o New York Maude teams, (Thunder Gulch, Charlemagne, Hunk/Chunk, (212)) and I've taught sketch at the UCB Training Center since 2011. I also write for UCB Digital, for the teams Pocketwatch and Sancho, and I've wrote/performed/directed several shows at UCB.

I've been through the improv program and still improvise a bit. If you want to know anything else about that, email me with a one word suggestion. Not "pineapple."

Before UCB, I did a lot of theatre, so I also have experience writing/performing/directing for the theatrical stage. I mention that because I have a special interest in sketch that has a realistic, grounded tone, before it builds to something crazy or weird. I'm also interested in pushing the limits of what sketch can be. Hamilton, anyone? I had nothing to do with that, but it sounds like it's amazing.

Check out my website http://www.kerrymcguire.com (some other Kerry McGuire tried to buy it from me recently, but I said NO) or email me at kerrymcgsketch@gmail.com if you have any questions.
McG

Users Information

Return to LA- Coaches, Directors, Practice Groups