Announcing the first ever Writers Guild of America, East Web Series Summer Camp!!!
Things we won't have:
- Capture the Flag
- 7 Minutes in Heaven
- Heat stroke
Things we will have:
- Workshops on topics you need to know to make your own web series
- Classes on filming, editing, sound, lighting, and putting video on the web
- Successful web series producers, writers, directors and business professionals from the world of digital content
- An evening networking party
It’s summer, so we’re going to have fun...fun learning how to make and promote your own amazing web series!
This daylong event is FREE and open to anyone who's serious about creating original content for new media, from beginners with nothing but an idea to veteran web series producers looking to expand their skills. WGA members and non-members are encouraged to apply, as are writers, producers, directors, actors or anyone else involved in the production of digital content!
New media professionals will conduct workshops covering multiple aspects of web series production. The day will conclude with a screening and networking party.
Saturday, August 28
9:30 to 6pm
250 Hudson Street, NYC
Free! Apply today—space is limited.
The event is open to WGA members and non-members but everyone must apply online. Click here.
We will contact applicants within the next several weeks to confirm their space.
Workshop topics will include:
- Production basics
- Getting a crew together
- Advanced production techniques
- Writing comedy for the web
- Writing indie soaps for the web
- Complying with WGA/SAG/AFTRA agreements
- Entering festivals and competition
- Finding syndication and sponsorships
- The business and monetization of new media
- Building an audience through social media
Workshops will be lead by fourteen experts including producers of branded content, digital advertisers, venture capital firms, web series creators, television writers, legal specialists on online intellectual property, talent managers and representatives from SAG and AFTRA. Click here to read a list of presenters.
Please direct all questions about the event to Ursula Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to apply online here.