Announcing 2019's 30 Harolds in 30 Days Challenge!

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

Announcing 2019's 30 Harolds in 30 Days Challenge!

Postby MichaelHartney » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello, all!

I wanted to do something special to highlight our favorite "long-form improv structure developed by Del Close in Chicago." I'm excited to announce that starting in January, one UCBTNY Harold Team each month will take the 30 Harolds in 30 Days challenge.

When I was first put on a UCBTNY house improv team back in 2013, our coach (Shaun Diston, in case you're wondering who's really to blame) challenged us to do 30 Harolds in 30 days. Between practicing twice a week, performing at Lloyd Night, and doing indie shows, we pulled it off, and in the process got really good really quickly. We did most of those Harolds in a rehearsal space with only our coach watching. Not this time! Our Harold Teams will be doing their 30 Harolds on stage, at both NY theatres, in ticketed shows for our audiences. And it's gonna be awesome.

I'm thrilled to announce that PARTY CITY will be the first Harold Team to take the challenge in January. Catch their first two Harolds on Wednesday, January 2nd at 11pm at UCBT Hell's Kitchen, and be sure to celebrate their 30th at the 9:30pm Harold Night on Tuesday, January 29th. All their Harolds in between will be listed on our January calendars as well. So please come out and cheer Party City on all month! It'll be like following Phish all over the country, except remotely worthwhile.
Michael Hartney
Artistic Director, UCBTNY
MichaelHartney

Users Information

Return to New York