UCB Show Crush Thread

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

Re: UCB Show Crush Thread

Postby patbaer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am

Hey.

Girls With Brown Hair have a show starting in January called Womantown. You need to see it.

Sam and Becky are great writers and performers. They're also employees at this theatre (box office and house manager, respectively) and that's awesome.

See Womantown.
~PatBaer~
Forum Admin
Friend to All.
patbaer
Site Admin

Users Information

Postby stinkycheeseman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Ah shit I saw Gravid Water for the first time last night and... damn. Amazing. Simply put, an amazing improv experience.
stinkycheeseman

Users Information

Postby claireayoub » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

I'm convinced that Brandon Gulya's brain is made of magic. Who Are You People and Why Are You Watching Me is PURE JOY.
claireayoub

Users Information

Postby cohenma » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 am

I just saw SKETCHES FROM AN ITALIAN RESTAURANT and I thought it was very, very funny. A really great sketch show. I would go out of my way to see it again. I may go out of my way to see it again!
cohenma

Users Information

Postby jsharp » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:12 pm

I think the first 10 minutes of Sketches From An Italian Restaurant are HYSTERICAL. I have seen this show several times but will always hang around and watch that opening stretch of material. And the moment when Robert Plant sings in the ending kills me. Don and Dru made a great show!
jsharp

Users Information

Postby pmo1985 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:14 am

Digging in to the memory bank on this one....
Kate McKinnon on Ice
Pangaea 3000 12 years of Hard work
Ding Dong Meow
Maneater
A plethora of class shows
Tony Awards 2017 (Fight Club The Musical needs to be made)
Standards and practices

Current...
Greasy Lake
Spoiler Alert
Girls with Brown hair (Womantown is the show name. I am an idiot.)

There are more but it's late
pmo1985

Users Information

Postby jsharp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Brandon Gulya's "Who Are You People & Why Are You Watching Me?" is so so great and so so funny. I have watched it probably 6 times and love it every time.
jsharp

Users Information

Postby stinkycheeseman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Gotta say I'm always impressed with the level of commitment and energy brought to the stage by Hotspur. They're doing some good work out there.
stinkycheeseman

Users Information

Postby annev6 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 am

Last night I saw...

Langan Dice Kingsley: The Dicewoman Cometh
So so so funny and well performed. The integration of all the sketches into the central premise was seamless and wonderful. I would see his again. And again.

This is Going to Hurt.
This might be one of the best shows I've ever seen at the theater. Or at least, it's the only one that simultaneously made me laugh with joy and cry with saddness AT THE SAME TIME. I was affected.

WOMANTOWN
It's almost beating a dead horse to compliment this show, but it was just a total joy. So silly, so much energy, and I have had "Two Chefs One Eye" stuck in my head all morning.

All in all I was actually kind of intimidated by the level of talent and professionalism on display last night. NICE WORK.
:geek:
:ugeek:
annev6

Users Information

Postby marlesse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 am

The 10 Minute Play Festival was one of the best shows I've ever seen at this theatre. Every play was so well-written and beautifully acted. I keep trying to pick a favorite and keep picking all of them. Every play was funny, heartfelt and inspiring. I hopehopehopehopehope this happens more often.
marlesse

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to New York