UCB Show Crush Thread

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

Re: UCB Show Crush Thread

Postby Isco » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:33 am

Tony Show is regularly hilarious - one of the funniest things week after week, even when execution is clunky and ideas are stupid. There's an unrestrained nature combined with a weird sort of conscientiousness - like a show that's very self-aware but not self-conscious.

Arthur Meyer's "Rock and Roll" one man show is the best such show I've ever seen. It's no longer running but it's great that the UCB were the ones to put it up.
Isco

Users Information

Postby montanez6 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 am

Fucking Identical Twins was super crazy good and horrifying. Really super amazing.

And folks have said it already but word: This Is Going To Hurt is stellar and hits my heart and makes me laugh and cry so so so so much.

Both of these shows make me love their performers/writers/anyone and everyone involved a lot.
montanez6

Users Information

Postby JonMonje » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Anything Jo Firestone is involved with. The New Year's Ever Rainbow Dancers was the most joyous thing I have been a part of on the UCB stage and it honestly may have changed a few people's lives
JonMonje

Users Information

Previous

Return to New York