[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - UCB Show Crush Thread | UCB Comedy • Improv and Sketch Comedy Resource Forum

UCB Show Crush Thread

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

UCB Show Crush Thread

Postby WillieBHines » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Inspired by the old that Chris Gethard started, here's a UCB Show Crush Thread.

We can use this to talk about great shows we've seen at UCB NY. And I'll use "shows" loosely -- this can include online videos, stand-up sets, character pieces. Only rule is you can't post your own show or one you are directing/etc. It's got be about paying attention to other people's stuff.

I have two.

1) Everybody's Favorite Game Show --- Ryan Simmons, Sarah Burton, Sean Casey, Joey Price, Alex Teague --- oh man I'm gonna leave out a bunch of people -- but it's a weird funny show that was Friday night at UCBEast. A game show but the questions are asked by characters. Like the final round last time was a supposed producer from a Telemundo game show asking the contestants to draw things in Spanish, but they we did we were surrounded by dancing girls, a man wearing a horse head and a man in a diaper. I'm not capturing the weirdness enough but it was a terrifically fun show.

2) Tom Levin's video "" -- this 22 minute short film is weird and cool and smart and kinda blew me away.
WillieBHines

Users Information

Re: UCB Show Crush Thread

Postby SloppyJoe » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 am

I can't believe it's been (kind of) going on for 2 years now, but I still have a crush on The Tony Show. The variety shows to end all variety shows. It's always weird and fun and even when it disappoints, it doesn't.
SloppyJoe

Users Information

Postby WillieBHines » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:44 pm

I agree! The Tony Show is an amazing show. His "Sleep No More Tootsie" (Titsie) was an amazing thing.
WillieBHines

Users Information

Postby ls92 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 am

"Why We Broke Up" succeeds in making me laugh AND cry.
ls92

Users Information

Postby WillieBHines » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Ugh. I gotta see Why We Broke Up is sounds so great.

Also, Benjamin Apple is on The Regulars. An already great team is now great in a new way.
WillieBHines

Users Information

Postby reneemariotti » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Titsie was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen anywhere. It was just perfect. I could have stayed all night.
reneemariotti

Users Information

Postby TimmyWood » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Great idea for a thread, Will!

I think Kevin Hines and Will Hines Do A Sketch Show will be discussed in revered tones among the community for years to come. A blast of a show with a killer concept and one that I will always remember seeing at the theatre. Kudos to Kevin, Will and Brandon Gulya on that one.

I also would like to spread some love to the new Maude team MORIARTY. They are full of a energy that is exciting to watch. The actors are great, the writing is creative and the team as a whole puts on a really fun show. Can't wait to see them continue to evolve as a sketch team.
TimmyWood

Users Information

Postby MaxCardilla » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Why we broke up is so so great.
I also really love Greasey Lake's show Key to the City. I've seen it a few times and it gets better and better. Great show even greater guys doing it. Check it out if you haven't!
MaxCardilla

Users Information

Postby jsharp » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh, this is a great idea!

George Kareman's Extremely Incredible and Incredibly Extreme was so well executed, so funny and so much in he and George A's voice. I still think a lot of that sketch with George playing against the video of himself, particularly the moment when the video self tries to come on stage and George holds the door. Also, didn't Kareman break his arm doing one of the stunts in this show? It might have been while hosting Harold Night, but this gives the show a multiply in factor on how fondly I remember it. I think this, Pangea 12 Years of Hard Work and Small Men are my favorite shows to have run at the theater.

Also--everyone has seen BSJ do the Geena Davis sketch that Gulya wrote , right? It's so fucking funny. Is there a video of that one yet?

Onassis' 'Wrong Class' is my favorite sketch,
Josh
jsharp

Users Information

Postby stinkycheeseman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Pangea's 12 years of Hard Work was the best thing I've ever seen. Not an exaggeration.
stinkycheeseman

Users Information

Next

Return to New York