Sketch Show ID Question

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

Sketch Show ID Question

Postby slo_motion » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 am

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on something for me. I've noticed that some sketch shows don't accept sketch student IDs. Or at least they don't according to the schedule online.

For example, why aren't student IDs accepted at He Said, She Said? The 1/29 8pm show (Awful DJ + Legs For Day) doesn't accept IDs, but the 9:30pm show (Dorothy Goes To Hollywood + Bellvue) on the same day does. But then the next week the 8pm show (Bellvue + Fucking Identical Twins) doesn't accpet ID's. Then on 2/29 the 8PM show (United Federation of Teachers + Good Cop Great Cop) does accept student IDs.

It just seems a little random. Not accepting IDs doesn't seem tied to a specific show or timeslot so I'm just curious why some just don't accept IDs. Sometimes I can't get to shows because of my schedule and when I can make a show but see my ID won't work it's a little confusing why. I was just hoping someone could shed some like on this.
slo_motion

Users Information

Re: Sketch Show ID Question

Postby SPO » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:08 pm

slo_motion wrote:I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on something for me. I've noticed that some sketch shows don't accept sketch student IDs. Or at least they don't according to the schedule online.

For example, why aren't student IDs accepted at He Said, She Said? The 1/29 8pm show (Awful DJ + Legs For Day) doesn't accept IDs, but the 9:30pm show (Dorothy Goes To Hollywood + Bellvue) on the same day does. But then the next week the 8pm show (Bellvue + Fucking Identical Twins) doesn't accpet ID's. Then on 2/29 the 8PM show (United Federation of Teachers + Good Cop Great Cop) does accept student IDs.

It just seems a little random. Not accepting IDs doesn't seem tied to a specific show or timeslot so I'm just curious why some just don't accept IDs. Sometimes I can't get to shows because of my schedule and when I can make a show but see my ID won't work it's a little confusing why. I was just hoping someone could shed some like on this.

That was just a clerical mistake on our part. Those show are free, and we've fixed it to reflect on the site. Monday-Thursday Sketch Shows are free to current UCBT sketch students. Enjoy!
Artistic Director, UCBT NYC
SPO

Users Information

Return to New York