2018 UCBTNY Lloyd Auditions: How To Sign Up!

All information about UCB Hell's Kitchen and UCB East.
Any posts about NYC events/shows/casting NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVING the UCB Theatres should be posted in the OFF TOPIC.

2018 UCBTNY Lloyd Auditions: How To Sign Up!

Postby SPO » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Lloyd Team Auditions 2018: How to Sign-Up!

Please read the entirety of this post, there is a lot of information! Do not call or email for information. If you have a question, post it in the thread below and the Artistic Director or Artistic Assistant will answer it as soon as possible. Only answers from the AD (Shannon O’Neill) and Artistic Assistant (Bridget Holmes) are official answers.

All auditions will take place at the UCB Training Center (520 8th Ave, 9th Floor).

First Round Auditions:
February 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 24th & 25th
Times TBA January 15th

First Callback: (Subject to Change)
March 3rd
(Be available all day)

Second Callback: (Subject to Change)
March 4th
(Be available all day)

The second callback could include everyone from the first callback, or the list could be cut down.

New Lloyd Teams/Harold Team Changes: Announced by Thursday, March 8th, 2018
(Subject to change!)

You must be available for the first round audition days and times. No other audition times will be available. We will only add additional time if all slots fill up and there are still eligible individuals interested.

If you are not available for the callback dates, you are still allowed to audition. I am a fan of letting students have the experience of auditioning if eligible and callback dates are subject to change as well. If callback dates change, we will announce on this message board. If you get a callback and you are not available, unfortunately we will not be able to schedule a different day/time than announced.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:

If you are interested in auditioning to be on a UCB Theatre Lloyd team you must agree to and understand the following Team Expectations and Policies:

Harold and Lloyd Teams perform the improv form known as the Harold. Team members must show an understanding of the Harold and a dedication to using the Harold structure as a tool in creating improvised comedy.

Harold and Lloyd Teams are expected to rehearse at least once a week with a consistent coach approved by the Artistic Director.

Harold and Lloyd Teams must be a priority for team members. This is demonstrated by attending rehearsals and performances. Team members with a pattern of poor attendance or lateness will be removed.

Harold and Lloyd Team members are expected to compensate the coach a reasonable coaching fee. This fee is set by a discussion between the coach and the team. Free rehearsal space is available at the Training Center if available.

As a team member, you are expected to perform at a high level and demonstrate commitment to improving, but you are NOT expected to be perfect. Team members must show they are open to notes from their coach and the Artistic Director and be willing to work at implementing those notes.

Harold and Lloyd Team members have unique access to continuously develop their comedic voice through opportunities at UCBTNY including (but not limited to) sketch shows, bit shows, specialty improv shows, Spanks and Variety Shows. Team members are encouraged to find new ways to express their unique comedic voice. We only live once and to do comedy and live once is even more precious and special.

Lloyd Teams have a lifetime of roughly 1 year. This is an opportunity for improvisers to rehearse every week and perform twice a month on the UCBT stage to grow as improvisers as well as learn how to work successfully in a collaborative situation. This is an opportunity to work on finding your comedic voice while supporting others. Consider this a visa that allows performers to visit a really cool country for a year. After a year all visas expire and all Lloyd Teams are retired. There is no guarantee that a Lloyd Performer will be placed on a new Lloyd team or moved to a Harold Team. This is a one year program.

You must also meet at least ONE of the following prerequisites:

You must be approved for Advanced Study Improv Classes and must have completed a UCB Theatre Multi-week (2 or more) Improv Class Between January 1st, 2017 and January 15th, 2018.
OR

You must be approved for Advanced Study Improv Classes and enrolled in an in-session multi-week improv class during Lloyd sign ups (January 15th-January 29th).

OR

You were on a UCBT House Improv Team (Harold/Lloyd) between January 2015 - March 2017 and can prove that you have stayed active as an improviser (indie teams, classes, practice groups). Fill out this FORM- https://goo.gl/forms/1j99z429Wh8RenbB2 - Friday, January 12th at NOON.

ELIGIBILITY EXCEPTIONS
Exceptions will be granted to the above eligibility on a very limited basis. No one should expect to get an exception. If you would like to apply for an exception: fill out this Form - https://goo.gl/forms/JtS3aHD9cabWZtRE2 - by Wednesday, January 17th at NOON. If you get an exception you will be notified by January 22nd.

Audition Specifics:

First Round:

We will see groups of 8 people every 20 minutes. You will improvise 2 scenes in this audition. You do not/should not prepare anything in advance. This is an entirely improvised audition.

Bring a headshot/resume (stapled/glued) with you. If you do not have a headshot, a recent photograph will suffice. You do not need a professional photo to audition. Save your $$$. Please make sure the photo looks like you. Resume should be stapled to the back of your headshot so that it is easy to flip the headshot and read your resume.

Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled audition. If you are late or miss your scheduled audition slot, you will not be rescheduled.

Callback information will be given to those that get a callback.

How to Sign Up:

Sign-ups will be open on January 15th, 3pm EST and close January 29th, 5PM EST. Only those that meet the eligibility requirements will be allowed to sign up. We have moved into the future and the days of sign-up sheets on a bunch of folding tables are over.

To sign up, follow the below instructions: (You can’t do this until Jan 15th - 3pm)

Log in to dashboard.ucbcomedy.com and click on the “Auditions” tab in your top panel
You will see two tabs, “My Auditions” and “Theatre Auditions” - click on “Theatre Auditions”
You will see a link for all current auditions. Click the corresponding link for the New York Lloyd Auditions 2018
Once you click, you’ll see a list of all current available times to sign up for
All times are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Please sign up quickly if you have a limited schedule! We will not be able to facilitate special requests.
Once you click a time you will be scheduled for that slot. You will have up until January 29th, 5PM EST to schedule, cancel, or change your slot.
After the deadline, all changes will be closed and only your audition time will be visible to you in the “My Auditions” tab
We cannot accommodate any swaps or changes after the deadline has passed.
If you run into any problems or have questions, please email support@ucbcomedy.com and cc Bridget artisticassistantny@ucbcomedy.com
If you are late to or miss your audition slot, you will NOT be rescheduled, and you will not be allowed to audition next round.
If you cancel your audition once it is finalized, you will not be allowed to audition next round.
If you need to cancel after the deadline has passed, email artisticassistantny@ucbcomedy.com

You have until Monday, January 29th, 5PM - EST to sign up.
Artistic Director, UCBT NYC
SPO

Users Information

Re: 2018 UCBTNY Lloyd Auditions: How To Sign Up!

Postby anna_reichy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm

hello! On the "Exception to Eligibility" Google Doc form under the section for most recent instructor and start/end dates, there is only a drop down to fill in one date, and not a line for teachers name. Just curious if this will be changed or which date you would like input. Thanks!
anna_reichy

Users Information

Postby SPO » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm

anna_reichy wrote:hello! On the "Exception to Eligibility" Google Doc form under the section for most recent instructor and start/end dates, there is only a drop down to fill in one date, and not a line for teachers name. Just curious if this will be changed or which date you would like input. Thanks!

This has been fixed. You can enter these items via short answer now.
SPO

Users Information

Postby J-Kitt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi for the Exception form, the part where it asks for a reference from a performer or teacher do we need to have a written recommendation from them or just that persons name?
J-Kitt

Users Information

Postby ak33 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:28 pm

I just saw the exception to eligibility form, but, unfortunately, it has already closed. Is there any way I can still apply for one? I know this is totally my fault, but a year is a long time to wait before another chance to audition! Thanks for your consideration.
ak33

Users Information

Postby SPO » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 pm

ak33 wrote:I just saw the exception to eligibility form, but, unfortunately, it has already closed. Is there any way I can still apply for one? I know this is totally my fault, but a year is a long time to wait before another chance to audition! Thanks for your consideration.

We are no longer taking submissions for exceptions.
SPO

Users Information

Postby DL2012 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Hello!
My dashboard is displaying every time slot as filled. Is this accurate? If so, are more spots expected to open up? I have been compulsively checking for availabilities but haven't seen any change.
DL2012

Users Information

Postby SPO » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm

DL2012 wrote:Hello!
My dashboard is displaying every time slot as filled. Is this accurate? If so, are more spots expected to open up? I have been compulsively checking for availabilities but haven't seen any change.

As of 5:15PM ET - we opened up 16 more spots.
SPO

Users Information

Postby LindsaytheOtter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Any chance new slots will open up after February 18?
LindsaytheOtter

Users Information

Postby SPO » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 pm

LindsaytheOtter wrote:Any chance new slots will open up after February 18?

The answer is maybe, but not guaranteed.
SPO

Users Information

Next

Return to New York