2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles


All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby NigelTierney » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 am

Cheers Mike,

Also, does the resume file format matter? As in should it be a link to a PDF, or could it be an embedded HTML web page?
Same question for Headshot, JPG or in an embedded web page is fine?

Cheers.
NigelTierney

Posts: 2
Users Information
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:58 am

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby JohnRoiniotis » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Hey Mike, About the writer's Resume.

What if we've never been paid to write before, and have been just working day jobs? I've been on my sketch team for over a year, written for an indie late night show, and been part of the researching team for a UCB show, but that's about all the experience I have. Should I make a writer's resume or submit my normal work one that I have? Thanks for the help!
JohnRoiniotis

Posts: 1
Users Information
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby geneaugusto » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello Mike,

On my applications I mistakenly listed that I had taken my most recent UCB class in 2013 when I had actually taken it in early 2014. Is there a preferred place I should notify about this correction?

Thanks!
geneaugusto

Posts: 1
Users Information
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby renahundert » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:49 pm

If you're submitting as both an actor and a writer, should you send them in the same e-mail?? The questions are the saaaame............... :geek:
renahundert

Posts: 1
Users Information
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby lorraine » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 am

hi there,

i made a mistake! i submitted maude actor materials and entered my availability incorrectly. is it too late to fix my error? so sorry. so so so so sorry. (i am prepared to live with my mistake and fix things on my end.)

lorraine
^^^a total pro
lorraine

Posts: 4
Users Information
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby MikeStill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:21 am

renahundert wrote:If you're submitting as both an actor and a writer, should you send them in the same e-mail?? The questions are the saaaame............... :geek:


Actors aren't supposed to submit emails so hopefully not!

lorraine wrote:hi there,

i made a mistake! i submitted maude actor materials and entered my availability incorrectly. is it too late to fix my error? so sorry. so so so so sorry. (i am prepared to live with my mistake and fix things on my end.)

lorraine
^^^a total pro


Lorraine, please email your changed availability to lamaude@ucbcomedy.com

geneaugusto wrote:Hello Mike,

On my applications I mistakenly listed that I had taken my most recent UCB class in 2013 when I had actually taken it in early 2014. Is there a preferred place I should notify about this correction?

Thanks!


Nope, that's fine!

JohnRoiniotis wrote:Hey Mike, About the writer's Resume.

What if we've never been paid to write before, and have been just working day jobs? I've been on my sketch team for over a year, written for an indie late night show, and been part of the researching team for a UCB show, but that's about all the experience I have. Should I make a writer's resume or submit my normal work one that I have? Thanks for the help!


It's past the deadline, either one would have been fine, so no worries!

NigelTierney wrote:Cheers Mike,

Also, does the resume file format matter? As in should it be a link to a PDF, or could it be an embedded HTML web page?
Same question for Headshot, JPG or in an embedded web page is fine?

Cheers.


Don't care! But it's too late to change anything anyway!
MikeStill

Posts: 85
Users Information
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby dhruv » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:37 am

Hi Mike!

Thank you for still answering questions at this late hour.

I recently found out I have to travel to New York for a gig from the 15th-18th, which includes the callback dates. Just wanted to give a heads up for why I checked neither one for my availability in the acting submission page. I realize this means I probably can't do it, but at least now you have context for my dumb application.

Thanks!!

Dhruv Uday Singh
dhruv

Posts: 1
Users Information
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby jfruh » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Mike, thanks for hand-holding us all with our questions through the submission process. So, now that it's been a whole 10 hours since the deadline, have you made your decision yet? No, but seriously, just wondering about what time frame writers should be expect on hearing back. Will everyone be hearing "yes" or "no" more or less at the same time? Will people be hearing "no" individually or will there be an announcement in this thread basically saying "if you haven't heard by now, you didn't get picked" or something? Thanks for any info (and no rush obviously).
jfruh

Posts: 9
Users Information
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby KtOrrr333 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Hey!
I've noticed that a bunch of video submissions on the main youtube search page come up as running 3:01. But when you click on the video the run time says 3:00 even. Is there a possibility these vids will be disqualified for length, and if so can they be re-uploaded?
Thanks!
Last edited by KtOrrr333 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KtOrrr333

Posts: 1
Users Information
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 am

Re: 2015 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby MikeStill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:32 pm

KtOrrr333 wrote:Hey!
I've noticed that a bunch of video submissions on the main youtube search page come up as running 3:01. But when you click on the video the run time says 3:00 even. Is there a possibility these vids will be disqualified for length, and if so can they be re-uploaded?
Thanks Man!


That's fine, we're not monsters! Right? RIGHT?

jfruh wrote:Mike, thanks for hand-holding us all with our questions through the submission process. So, now that it's been a whole 10 hours since the deadline, have you made your decision yet? No, but seriously, just wondering about what time frame writers should be expect on hearing back. Will everyone be hearing "yes" or "no" more or less at the same time? Will people be hearing "no" individually or will there be an announcement in this thread basically saying "if you haven't heard by now, you didn't get picked" or something? Thanks for any info (and no rush obviously).


Just like most auditions or writer submissions, once you submit, that's usually all you'll hear. You'll know if you got on or not when you see the teams posted which will likely be in the next two weeks.

That's the BIZ BAYBAY--for example, when Colin Hanks got the part that I auditioned for on the Fargo TV series, I didn't know it till I read the Deadline article. (I mean, I get it, he has a youthful innocence that I could never pull of, and honestly, he probably had it in the bag to begin with.)

I find the best way to deal with this cold hard Hollywood fact is to forget the audition or submission ever took place. Definitely don't tell your parents about it or they'll bring it up in a year at Christmas dinner and you'll be like, "Yeah, why didn't I get that Tide commercial? What am I even DOING???" and you'll lose your appetite and drink too much holiday wine.
MikeStill

Posts: 85
Users Information
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron