UCB COMEDY - LA DIGITAL TEAM SUBMISSIONS - 2015

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: UCB COMEDY - LA DIGITAL TEAM SUBMISSIONS - 2015

Postby juliegomez » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am

nicobellamy wrote:For editing reels, is there a preference towards a larger sample of shorter clips, or is a smaller sample of longer clips equally accepted if they show a variety of editing techniques?

Hi Nicole-

There is no preference to the options you've listed. We want to see you showcase your best work in its best form.

Thanks!
juliegomez

Users Information

Postby juliegomez » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:05 am

LizzieRedner wrote:Hey,
what kind of information are you looking for in our cover letters? Thanks!

Hi Lizzie-

Please use the same criteria you would for any application that asks for a cover letter. Give us a sense of who you are, and why you are interested in this opportunity, in 1 page or less.

Thanks!
juliegomez

Users Information

Postby danielberson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi-
I see the caps instruction but thought I'd ask to be sure. I will be out of town on all three dates of Round 3 (the In-Person Interviews) though I will be available during those times. If I were to get that far in the process, is there any possibility that I could do that interview over Skype?
Thanks,
Daniel
danielberson

Users Information

Postby juliegomez » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 am

danielberson wrote:Hi-
I will be out of town on all three dates of Round 3 (the In-Person Interviews) though I will be available during those times. If I were to get that far in the process, is there any possibility that I could do that interview over Skype?

Hi Daniel-

We are open to a Skype interview in an interview timeslot, but it is a definite disadvantage both because time is extremely limited (aka technical issues could complicate), and because the intention of Round 3 is to talk in-person.

Thanks!
juliegomez

Users Information

Postby katydolle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 pm

I just submitted for the Editor & DP positions. Is it OK that my reel is slightly under 3 minutes? I wanted to keep it to my absolute best material.
katydolle

Users Information

Postby juliegomez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:36 am

katydolle wrote:Is it OK that my reel is slightly under 3 minutes? I wanted to keep it to my absolute best material.

Hi Katy-

We want to see your best material in under 4 minutes. This sounds like a great submission!

Thanks!
juliegomez

Users Information

Postby dolemite23 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Hey Julie, just a logistics question...

I submitted my application and got two confirmation emails that I'd completed "part 1" but no emails after I completed part 2. Should I have gotten a second confirmation email or does the email only get sent out for part 1? Thanks!
dolemite23

Users Information

Postby juliegomez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 pm

dolemite23 wrote:I submitted my application and got...no emails after I completed part 2. Should I have gotten a second confirmation email or does the email only get sent out for part 1?

Hi Dolemite-

A confirmation email only goes out after Part 1 (you actually submitted it twice, that's why you got 2). Part 2 only displays a success screen on the page when it's complete.

If there are any missing documents from your submission, we will be in touch Wednesday, April 1.

Thanks!
juliegomez

Users Information

Postby ronjonwebb » Sat May 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Hey, aren't these team supposed to have been announced already?
ronjonwebb

Users Information

Previous

Return to Los Angeles