2015 UCB-LA Harold / Mess Hall Auditions

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: 2015 UCB-LA Harold / Mess Hall Auditions

Postby C_Bones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Mike- I noticed that the first two eligibility requirements have questions on the application but the mess hall requirement doesn't. Are you going to check that on a person by person basis? I wanted to make sure because I don't meet the other two requirements but am on a Mess Hall team. Maybe I'm missing something... Thanks!!
C_Bones

Users Information

Postby jennabryson » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi, Mike! Just to clarify, you wrote... ***If you are in a class that has it’s final session close to the sign-up deadline of August 24, we will make sure Advanced Study approval is expedited and if you are eligible to audition, you can.***... so does that mean that, even though I have just had a 401 final show this past weekend, and I am still waiting on my "pass" email, so that I can then send my Advanced Study application, I can still submit for an audition slot? Even though I will have to answer the question on the submission form of 'Have you been approved for Advanced Study?' with a 'No'? I sure hope this question makes a lick of sense. :?
jennabryson

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:31 pm

C_Bones wrote:Mike- I noticed that the first two eligibility requirements have questions on the application but the mess hall requirement doesn't. Are you going to check that on a person by person basis? I wanted to make sure because I don't meet the other two requirements but am on a Mess Hall team. Maybe I'm missing something... Thanks!!

Whoops: Added Mess Hall Question -- (FYI, if you've already filled this out, please don't fill it out again!)
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

jennabryson wrote:Hi, Mike! Just to clarify, you wrote... ***If you are in a class that has it’s final session close to the sign-up deadline of August 24, we will make sure Advanced Study approval is expedited and if you are eligible to audition, you can.***... so does that mean that, even though I have just had a 401 final show this past weekend, and I am still waiting on my "pass" email, so that I can then send my Advanced Study application, I can still submit for an audition slot? Even though I will have to answer the question on the submission form of 'Have you been approved for Advanced Study?' with a 'No'? I sure hope this question makes a lick of sense. :?

Do not sign up if you have not been approved for Advanced Study. If your class recently ended, the approvals will be pushed through so if you are approved you will be able to apply.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby C_Bones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:37 pm

MikeStill wrote:
C_Bones wrote:Mike- I noticed that the first two eligibility requirements have questions on the application but the mess hall requirement doesn't. Are you going to check that on a person by person basis? I wanted to make sure because I don't meet the other two requirements but am on a Mess Hall team. Maybe I'm missing something... Thanks!!

Whoops: Added Mess Hall Question -- (FYI, if you've already filled this out, please don't fill it out again!)

I haven't filled it out yet! Thanks!!
christina
C_Bones

Users Information

Postby MikePerkins_ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Hey Mike!

I have a question about the eligibilty...to quote the other post...

***If you are in a class that has it’s final session close to the sign-up deadline of August 24, we will make sure Advanced Study approval is expedited and if you are eligible to audition, you can.***
***If you are enrolled in a class that has it’s final session after the sign-up deadline of August 24 but before October 1, your instructor will let us know if you are eligible to audition we will reach out with an audition slot by September 7. This special audition eligibility does not necessarily mean you are approved for advanced study.***

I applied for Advanced Study back in March after my 1st 401 and didn't receive the "pass" email...but right now I'm in another 401 that ends on Sept 10th with Drew DiFonzo Marks and wanted to know how it works with the pre-approval for the auditions and Advanced Study. Would I still be able to audition if I hopefully get pre-approved for advanced study? And if so should I reach out to Drew or do I still just apply for the Harold auditions and pray?

Thank you! This post was really long too sorry!
MikePerkins_

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:24 pm

MikePerkins_ wrote: I applied for Advanced Study back in March after my 1st 401 and didn't receive the "pass" email...but right now I'm in another 401 that ends on Sept 10th with Drew DiFonzo Marks and wanted to know how it works with the pre-approval for the auditions and Advanced Study. Would I still be able to audition if I hopefully get pre-approved for advanced study? And if so should I reach out to Drew or do I still just apply for the Harold auditions and pray?

Thank you! This post was really long too sorry!

(Edited Audition Info post to make more clear, I left out an "and.")

Don't reach out to Drew. Don't apply if you aren't approved. DO PRAY EVERY DAY if you don't want to burn in hell (it's real people, official answer).

If your class ends after Aug 24 and before Oct 1 and your instructor gives you special eligibility to audition "we will reach out with an audition slot by September 7."
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby leknauer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi!

Please don't banish me forever for how specific/personal this question is to me, but hopefully someone else has a similar question.

I know it says you must be accepted into Advanced Study and have taken a multi-week improv course at the UCB Training Center in LA/NY that had/has it's final class between October 1, 2014 and October 1, 2015. However, I am accepted into Advanced Study, but completed my last class on September 22nd, 2014, just 9 days shy of the cut-off date. I know UCB consciously chose this date for a reason, but how hard and fast is this rule?

I love UCB and its community, so I would hate to miss out on an opportunity to audition for a team when I'm only 9 days away from qualifying. Looking forward to your response! Thanks!
leknauer

Users Information

Postby gianna » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi - I submitted my availability and filled out the form and then just had a change in my work schedule where I need to adjust my availability. What is the best way to do this?
gianna

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:22 pm

leknauer wrote:Hi!

Please don't banish me forever for how specific/personal this question is to me, but hopefully someone else has a similar question.

I know it says you must be accepted into Advanced Study and have taken a multi-week improv course at the UCB Training Center in LA/NY that had/has it's final class between October 1, 2014 and October 1, 2015. However, I am accepted into Advanced Study, but completed my last class on September 22nd, 2014, just 9 days shy of the cut-off date. I know UCB consciously chose this date for a reason, but how hard and fast is this rule?

I love UCB and its community, so I would hate to miss out on an opportunity to audition for a team when I'm only 9 days away from qualifying. Looking forward to your response! Thanks!

Sorry, you have to have been enrolled in a class that ends between Oct 1, 2014 and Oct. 1, 2015. I know that in your situation that sucks, but we're dealing with massive numbers of people all up in here and have to be hard and fast with these rules. You would have been eligible to audition last year, do you have a time machine? JK, those don't exist, otherwise casualty would break down.

Again, sorry that you are so close to the deadline, I can see how that would feel shitty. In order to give everyone a chance to sign up for a class, we posted the requirements months ago.
MikeStill

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles