2015 UCB-LA Harold / Mess Hall Auditions

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: 2015 UCB-LA Harold / Mess Hall Auditions

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:35 pm

gianna wrote:Hi - I submitted my availability and filled out the form and then just had a change in my work schedule where I need to adjust my availability. What is the best way to do this?

There is no way for us to easily change availability, we ask that if you have a shifty (shifting?) schedule you wait until as close to the deadline as you can to fill out the form.

BUT if things beyond your control make you unavailable, email laharold@ucbcomedy.com BETWEEN August 24 and August 26 that your schedule has changed.

EDITED to change email address from "Artistic Associate" to LAHAROLD@UCBCOMEDY.COM-- this is the email address we are using to coordinate all audition information.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby mook » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Hey! Dumb question! My 401 graduation show is on 8/24. Do I need to:

1) Apply for Advanced Study before my class is actually over?

or

2) Submit my Harold audition application without first applying to Advanced Study?

or

3) Let my teacher know I want to audition, at which point they let determine if I'm eligible or not?

Thanks!
mook

Users Information

Postby Montana » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:19 pm

My final class is Oct 4. Is there any way my instructor can still let you know if I am eligible to audition since it is so very close to the Oct 1 deadline?
Montana

Users Information

Postby rosearscott » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Mike! I messed up and sent my application through without some info about my indie teams coaches and such. Is there any way for me to add it? Or should I just suck it up and leave it as is? Thanks!
rosearscott

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:47 pm

mook wrote:Hey! Dumb question! My 401 graduation show is on 8/24. Do I need to:

1) Apply for Advanced Study before my class is actually over?

or

2) Submit my Harold audition application without first applying to Advanced Study?

or

3) Let my teacher know I want to audition, at which point they let determine if I'm eligible or not?

Thanks!

1) No, apply after you class is finished. The Training Center will expedite the process of approval and you will be informed if you are approved.

2) Please no. Unless you were on a Mess Hall Team or previously/currently on a UCB House team (and took a class in the last year), do not fill out the application without being approved for Advanced Study.

3) Def no, this will probably be an awkward interaction, leaving everyone feeling vulnerable. Apply to Advanced Study as one normally would and we will let folks know quickly if they have a slot.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Montana wrote:My final class is Oct 4. Is there any way my instructor can still let you know if I am eligible to audition since it is so very close to the Oct 1 deadline?

Sorry Montana, the hard cut-off is Oct 1. You will be eligible for the invited Mess Hall auditions in Spring and for Harold auditions 2016.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 pm

rosearscott wrote:Hi Mike! I messed up and sent my application through without some info about my indie teams coaches and such. Is there any way for me to add it? Or should I just suck it up and leave it as is? Thanks!

Send any corrections to laharold@ucbcomedy.com
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby coryjacob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Mike!
For the google form- "most recent class start/end date"- im currently in an advanced that has its last class sept 28 but the show is Oct. 3. Should I list that class as most recent class or the previous advanced class since the show is Oct 3rd?

For auditions do we bring a regular acting resume or should we make an Improv only resume or a comedy only resume? I've heard conflicting things.
Thank you much for all your amazing work! Greatly appreciated!
Cory
coryjacob

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:55 pm

coryjacob wrote:Hi Mike!
For the google form- "most recent class start/end date"- im currently in an advanced that has its last class sept 28 but the show is Oct. 3. Should I list that class as most recent class or the previous advanced class since the show is Oct 3rd?

For auditions do we bring a regular acting resume or should we make an Improv only resume or a comedy only resume? I've heard conflicting things.
Thank you much for all your amazing work! Greatly appreciated!
Cory

This isn't the class that is qualifying you for harolds so listing that one is fine.

Don't make a special "UCB resume" this should be the resume you bring to regular auditions.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby Dariushamiltonsmith » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Hey Mike,

Sorry if this is redundant, but I'm still a little unclear.
I just wanted to get clarification on this,

"***If you are enrolled in a class that has it’s final session after the sign-up deadline of August 24 but before October 1, your instructor will let us know if you are eligible to audition. We will reach out to YOU with an audition slot by September 7. This special audition eligibility does not necessarily mean you are approved for advanced study.***"

My 401 has its class show on August 24th. What I should do then is wait for my end of class email, apply for advanced study. Is that all I have to do on my end? Just making sure my situation falls under the above addendum and I'm not missing a step in order to be considered for Harold auditions. You guys will be asking my teacher if I'm eligible, so that means I need not fill out the application?

Thanks!
Dariushamiltonsmith

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles