Maude Submissions/Auditions 2016: SAVE THE DATE

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: Maude Submissions/Auditions 2016: SAVE THE DATE

Postby johnnymeeks » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:21 pm

We officially made Sketch 301 the final class of the core Sketch program on November 17, 2014. That means from that point on you have to complete 301 in order to apply for the Advanced Sketch program (just like Improv 401 is the final class in the core Improv program).

Prior to November 17, 2014, Sketch 201 was the final class in the core Sketch Program. So, if you completed Sketch 201 before that date and have not completed a Sketch 301, you may apply for Advanced Sketch now to see if your 201 teacher from last year approved you.
johnnymeeks

Users Information

Postby goatmilk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Quick question- I'm submitting for the first time and am wondering about writer-actor submissions, and how they affect ones chances of making it in in just one of those categories. If someone submits and it is determined they have a totally amazing packet but a not so great reel (or vice versa) will it work against them because they submitted for both, or would they potentially get brought in in the role where their strength lies? I am eligible and would like to submit for both but am trying to determine if it would be wiser to focus on one just one area.

Appreciate any advice, thanks
goatmilk

Users Information

Postby YoungJ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if an improv 201 class that has it's final class on January 13th would be accepted as a second UCB course. I am interested in applying as an actor and wanted to ask since my 201 course would finish just two days late!

Thanks!
YoungJ

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:39 pm

YoungJ wrote:I was wondering if an improv 201 class that has it's final class on January 13th would be accepted as a second UCB course. I am interested in applying as an actor and wanted to ask since my 201 course would finish just two days late!

You're in luck, we are changing the final class cut off for actors to January 18th so it matches the cut off for writers. Submissions for actors are still due Jan 11th though!

To head off any other questions about cut off dates, if you haven't completed two classes by Jan 18th, then you'll have to wait till next year.

goatmilk wrote:Quick question- I'm submitting for the first time and am wondering about writer-actor submissions, and how they affect ones chances of making it in in just one of those categories. If someone submits and it is determined they have a totally amazing packet but a not so great reel (or vice versa) will it work against them because they submitted for both, or would they potentially get brought in in the role where their strength lies? I am eligible and would like to submit for both but am trying to determine if it would be wiser to focus on one just one area.

Submitting for both actor and writer does not affect your chances in either category. If you are really great in both and we do not decide to make an all actor/writer team, then you'll be contacted about which one you'd rather do more. This happened one (1) time last year.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby elaeuphoria » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:45 am

It says former Harold team members can submit as either a writer or actor if they've taken a class in the last year, does the same go for current Harold team members? If we are current members is that fulfill all eligibilities?
elaeuphoria

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:38 pm

elaeuphoria wrote:It says former Harold team members can submit as either a writer or actor if they've taken a class in the last year, does the same go for current Harold team members? If we are current members is that fulfill all eligibilities?

My bad, should read "Current and Former"-- fixing!
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby mikec » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Had a quick question, that was sort of touched on earlier in the thread.

Was looking forward to submitting a writer packet, I've submitted twice before in the past, but haven't been able to catch a 301 that works over the last several months (they mostly seem to be morning when sections pop up).

I finished Sketch 201 in 2011 or possibly early 2012. (have taken improv classes since then and recently), Is there any way to still submit, or would I have to wait until next year, putting a finished 301 under my belt?

I think Johnny mentioned earlier you can apply for advanced if you finished 201 before 301 was introduced? I intend to 100% take 301 as soon as I can, so not sure if I want to skip the step, or sidestep the curriculum in trying to do things proper.

I'm kinda rambling. Basically, is there any way I can submit this year? Not currently in a 301, but trying to catch one ASAP.

Thanks for any answers,

- mike c
mikec

Users Information

Postby MikeStill » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:41 pm

mikec wrote:Had a quick question, that was sort of touched on earlier in the thread.

Was looking forward to submitting a writer packet, I've submitted twice before in the past, but haven't been able to catch a 301 that works over the last several months (they mostly seem to be morning when sections pop up).

I finished Sketch 201 in 2011 or possibly early 2012. (have taken improv classes since then and recently), Is there any way to still submit, or would I have to wait until next year, putting a finished 301 under my belt?

I think Johnny mentioned earlier you can apply for advanced if you finished 201 before 301 was introduced? I intend to 100% take 301 as soon as I can, so not sure if I want to skip the step, or sidestep the curriculum in trying to do things proper.

I'm kinda rambling. Basically, is there any way I can submit this year? Not currently in a 301, but trying to catch one ASAP.

Thanks for any answers,

- mike c

Hey Mike, I don''t know if you can apply or not, you need to look at the submission qualifications and see if you qualify, I don't have have all your information.
MikeStill

Users Information

Postby GhostChoir » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:09 am

Hey Mike. What if I'm a former Digital Team writer and I've also done bit shows in the past year? Is that enough for me to apply as a writer?
GhostChoir

Users Information

Postby awong123 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Mike,

I have a question about eligibility. I just moved to LA from NY, and have completed all the necessary classes and have taken Advanced sketch through UCBNY. Does that count for UCBLA Maude eligibility? Also, I took Advanced Sketch over a year ago, am I able to submit for this round of Maude?

Thanks!
awong123

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles