UCB LA Character Team Auditions!

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

UCB LA Character Team Auditions!

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello UCB!

I'm extremely excited to announce auditions for UCB LA's first ever Character Team!

Auditions will be held at UCB Sunset the evenings of October 20th and 21st. This team will perform once a month for 6-7 months. At the end of 6-7 months, auditions will be held again and a new team will be formed.

***Only questions answered by the Artistic Director or Artistic Associate on boards.ucbcomedy.com will be considered official answers.***

***Please do not ask questions about eligibility or auditions on Facebook groups, via email, or to Natalie, Anais, Hal, or any UCB Theatre or Training Center employees.***

Who can apply:
In order to audition, you must:

Have completed UCB's Character 101 course

OR

Be a current or former member of a Harold, Maude or Digital Team at UCB LA or NY.

If you are not eligible to audition, don't fret! This will be a trial run for the Character Team and auditions will be held again next Spring. I anticipate that the requirements for the next round of auditions will be significantly less restrictive. But as of now, no exceptions will be made. Do not request an exception.

How to Audition:

Auditions will be held the evenings of October 20th and 21st.

Auditions will be 3 minutes long (max) and must consist of a minimum of 3 characters, no celebrity impressions.

If you meet the pre-reqs, and you are interested in auditioning, you must submit through this google form.

https://goo.gl/forms/DqgwRCzWkM76TBnT2

Deadline to submit is Friday, October 14th at 12pm.

Once we see the amount of interest we have, we will contact everyone about audition slots.

Please do not submit to audition if you are not available October 20th and 21st.

The team will be announced the week of October 24th.

If you have any questions, please post below and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Character team details:
Directors: Natalie Palamides, Anais Fairweather, Hal Rudnick
Rehearsals: Sundays, 6:30pm-9pm
Show: 2nd Wednesday, 10:30pm at UCB Sunset
Team Size: 10 members

Character team members will develop 2-4 minute character pieces to be showcased at the monthly shows. Performing in the shows is not guaranteed. The directors will choose which pieces are performed, and will also perform and oversee the hosting of each show.

--
Beth Appel
Artistic Director
UCB Theater LA
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Re: UCB LA Character Team Auditions!

Postby khills » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Is this team subject to the '2 team' rule? i.e. - if a current Harold team member is placed on the character team, would they be precluded from auditioning for Maude in the Spring (assuming that the run overlaps w/Maude auditions)?
khills

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:31 pm

khills wrote:Is this team subject to the '2 team' rule? i.e. - if a current Harold team member is placed on the character team, would they be precluded from auditioning for Maude in the Spring (assuming that the run overlaps w/Maude auditions)?

ANSWER: No, this team is not subject to the 2 team rule.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby smileybridge » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:50 pm

If I did a character class that was at UCB NY before the Character 101 was available, am I eligible to audition? I took a 601 on characters called "Planet Of People". Thanks!
smileybridge

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:56 pm

smileybridge wrote:If I did a character class that was at UCB NY before the Character 101 was available, am I eligible to audition? I took a 601 on characters called "Planet Of People". Thanks!

ANSWER: No, this does not make you eligible to audition.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby jokershred » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Hey I just submitted!

I was wondering if we get a confirmation email, just want to make sure it went through :)
jokershred

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:27 pm

jokershred wrote:Hey I just submitted!

I was wondering if we get a confirmation email, just want to make sure it went through :)

ANSWER: No, you do not get a confirmation email.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby mnoons99 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Will the monthly shows for these teams only consist of 2-4 minute character pieces?
mnoons99

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:43 pm

mnoons99 wrote:Will the monthly shows for these teams only consist of 2-4 minute character pieces?

ANSWER: For the most part, yes. This is a test run, so I'm sure things will change and I would assume people will do duo pieces from time to time or pieces longer than 5 minutes as well.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby jacobwysocki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Are teams, or members of that team, that won Sketch Showdown for multiple months this year eligible?
jacobwysocki

Users Information

Next

Return to Los Angeles