2017 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: 2017 Maude Team Submissions - Los Angeles

Postby kay_k » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:45 am

if we were granted an exception to be an actor which box should we check under "eligibility" on the application?

there is not a box that states "granted an exception" and the section is required.

thanks!
kay_k

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 pm

kay_k wrote:if we were granted an exception to be an actor which box should we check under "eligibility" on the application?

there is not a box that states "granted an exception" and the section is required.

thanks!

ANSWER: Good question! We just added an option just for people who were granted an exception! If anyone already filled out a form and picked a different option, that's okay too. This is a new thing we tried out this year, so we're all figuring it out together!
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby kay_k » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:13 pm

thanks beth!!!

bethappelUCB wrote:
kay_k wrote:if we were granted an exception to be an actor which box should we check under "eligibility" on the application?

thanks!

ANSWER: Good question! We just added an option just for people who were granted an exception! If anyone already filled out a form and picked a different option, that's okay too. This is a new thing we tried out this year, so we're all figuring it out together!
kay_k

Users Information

Postby WILLHAZA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Regarding the Maude actor video submissions, the guidelines state:

"Your video should consist of a single shot, two minutes in length. Videos with cuts or edits will not be considered."

Just to be clear, we can not cut between characters to put on the wigs and costume pieces? I just want to be sure of exactly how it's supposed to be shot so that I can give it the best go possible (and if it's allowed to keep one solid shot but take out the dead space between set ups for different characters).

Also, I have compiled video over the last year of characters I have performed at the inner sanctum-- Can we submit an additional video to show the characters in front of a live audience and how they have been received in the past?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thank you,
-HAZA
WILLHAZA

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:10 pm

WILLHAZA wrote:Regarding the Maude actor video submissions, the guidelines state:

"Your video should consist of a single shot, two minutes in length. Videos with cuts or edits will not be considered."

Just to be clear, we can not cut between characters to put on the wigs and costume pieces? I just want to be sure of exactly how it's supposed to be shot so that I can give it the best go possible (and if it's allowed to keep one solid shot but take out the dead space between set ups for different characters).

Also, I have compiled video over the last year of characters I have performed at the inner sanctum-- Can we submit an additional video to show the characters in front of a live audience and how they have been received in the past?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thank you,
-HAZA

ANSWER: No cuts. There's a space for an additional link on the submission form.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby cassij » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:34 am

Hi Beth! Is there an option to attach a resume to the submission page? Or is there a safe website one could upload their resume to make a link? Thanks!

UPDATE: Going to respond to my own question in case there's any other dumbs-dumbs out there- You can upload your resume to a site like Google Drive and make a public, shareable link
cassij

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm

cassij wrote:Hi Beth! Is there an option to attach a resume to the submission page? Or is there a safe website one could upload their resume to make a link? Thanks!

UPDATE: Going to respond to my own question in case there's any other dumbs-dumbs out there- You can upload your resume to a site like Google Drive and make a public, shareable link

ANSWER: You're great!
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby skander_halim » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Does Christmas count as topical? Like, not specifically Christmas 2016. Generic Christmas.
skander_halim

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:26 pm

skander_halim wrote:Does Christmas count as topical? Like, not specifically Christmas 2016. Generic Christmas.

ANSWER: I already answered a question about specific vs. general/generic topical sketches. I hereby declare that I can't answer any more questions about what counts as "topical." Just use your best judgment and make yourselves look great, folks!
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby km786 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 am

hi! my video is edited down to 1:59 but youtube is showing it at 2:01 - was wondering if that would be an issue? tried various things to have youtube/vimeo reflect the time properly but it isn't working, so thought I'd ask! thanks.
Last edited by km786 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
km786

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles