SAVE THE DATE: 2018 Maude & Characters Welcome Submissions!

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

Re: SAVE THE DATE: 2018 Maude & Characters Welcome Submissio

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 pm

smb23 wrote:Will there be callbacks for the character auditions? / Do you know when the form to register will be up? (I'm just trying to plan holiday travel)

ANSWER: There will not be callbacks for character auditions. The form to sign up for auditions should be up some time next week.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby adoubleu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Assuming that Maude submissions are similar, could you reuse a Maude video (round one) submission from a previous year? Or is that uncouth...
adoubleu

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm

adoubleu wrote:Assuming that Maude submissions are similar, could you reuse a Maude video (round one) submission from a previous year? Or is that uncouth...

ANSWER: I'd recommend doing whatever you think makes you look great. Would reusing last year's video make you look great? I guess that's for you to decide. I've observed that the Maude Committee tends to notice (generally unfavorably) when people reuse sketches and characters from year to year.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby JaredDunne » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm

I remember my Sketch 301 instructor mentioning that completing 301 doesn't, necessarily, mean that I've been approved for Advanced Study. How do I know for sure? Thanks!
JaredDunne

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 pm

JaredDunne wrote:I remember my Sketch 301 instructor mentioning that completing 301 doesn't, necessarily, mean that I've been approved for Advanced Study. How do I know for sure? Thanks!

ANSWER: At the end of Sketch 301 you have to apply for, and be accepted into, Advanced Study. You can check with the UCBTLA training center for your Advanced Study status.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby nft9bc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

I took Character 101 this past summer. I totally missed the deadline due to revisiting the Save The Date thread, expecting it to update. I don't have a Facebook so I'm totally out of the loop. I found out via my Uber Driver I missed the deadline. I've had coaching to prepare for this audition. I totally screwed up. I hope to still be able to fill out a submission form to be considered. I'm available all four days.

My email is: ntittone@gmail.com

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Nick
nft9bc

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 pm

nft9bc wrote:I took Character 101 this past summer. I totally missed the deadline due to revisiting the Save The Date thread, expecting it to update. I don't have a Facebook so I'm totally out of the loop. I found out via my Uber Driver I missed the deadline. I've had coaching to prepare for this audition. I totally screwed up. I hope to still be able to fill out a submission form to be considered. I'm available all four days.

My email is: ntittone@gmail.com

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Nick

ANSWER: We cannot offer you an exception.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Postby lizreichelt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:26 pm

I remember there being an exception form last year for writers submitting to Maude who weren't finished with 301 before the deadline. Will this be the case this year, as well? Thanks!
lizreichelt

Users Information

Postby abc123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Where the post says "Approved for Advanced Study Sketch Writing before January 8th, 2018," do approvals for advanced study sketch expire if we haven't taken a sketch class in the past two years? I fulfill the other requirement.

Thanks!
abc123

Users Information

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 pm

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED. MAUDE QUESTIONS CAN BE POSTED HERE: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=91603
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Previous

Return to Los Angeles