High Schooler Question

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

High Schooler Question

Postby akumalcomedy1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I am a 17 year old high school senior. I have been doing improv (at school) for two years, stand up occasionally (maybe 10 times in the past 2-3 months), and sketch when I can write on celtx. Since I am not going to college in or around NYC/Chicago/LA/Toronto, I want to get some "real" classes under my belt before I head off to school. At this point in time, I have really fallen in love with Improv and want to take the Improv 101 course. Should I try to take an intensive course? Should I take an intensive course over April break? Should I wait until summer? Should I take the regular course in the summer? For anyone wondering, I turn 18 in May, but my parents would happily (I think) sign the waiver for me to learn/practice now. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks!
akumalcomedy1
akumalcomedy1

Users Information

Re: High Schooler Question

Postby kevhines » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I don't know you, so I can't be 100% certain what you should take but here is my best guess:

I would take an intensive for 101 and then see if you could fit in a non-intensive 201 after that. 201 is a pretty heady class, and you'd be at a disadvantage taking that as an intensive unless that is your only choice.
kevhines

Users Information

Return to New York Training Center