New Improv Program: UCB Academy

Questions/Comments about the NY Class Program

Re: New Improv Program: UCB Academy

Postby broadstrokes » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Will anyone be granted admission to the Academy from this year's Lloyd audition, aside from the people that make a team and are automatically included in the Academy? For example, let's say someone gets a Lloyd callback, but doesn't get on a team, might they be given admission to the Academy, or will they need to be seen by a completely different panel?
broadstrokes

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:56 pm

broadstrokes wrote:Will anyone be granted admission to the Academy from this year's Lloyd audition, aside from the people that make a team and are automatically included in the Academy? For example, let's say someone gets a Lloyd callback, but doesn't get on a team, might they be given admission to the Academy, or will they need to be seen by a completely different panel?

We are talking about this but not decision has been made. Assume you'll need to re-audition for the Academy unless we announce otherwise.
kevhines

Users Information

Postby K+456 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm

I was accepted to the Academy back in April. Since then, I have submitted to many Academy Harold classes, as well as a few teacher selected performance classes, with no success. I understand that I am accepted into the program for two years, but I am now five months in and have yet to take a class. Recently, there haven't been any classes opening up, so it seems to be even more out of my control.

Is there going to be any flexibility with the two year window? Are the many classes I applied for taken into consideration?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

(Sorry for initially posting this as a topic.)
K+456

Users Information

Postby kevhines » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 pm

K+456 wrote:I was accepted to the Academy back in April. Since then, I have submitted to many Academy Harold classes, as well as a few teacher selected performance classes, with no success. I understand that I am accepted into the program for two years, but I am now five months in and have yet to take a class. Recently, there haven't been any classes opening up, so it seems to be even more out of my control.

Is there going to be any flexibility with the two year window? Are the many classes I applied for taken into consideration?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

(Sorry for initially posting this as a topic.)

No apologies necessary. I'm the one who is sorry that I wasn't checking the board recently. It so rarely gets posts! I tend to check it more during times I have posted something here. Anyway, here is the answer I posted in the other thread:

While we reserve the right to extend that two year period, as of right now we do not plan to do that.
You'd have to re-audition after your 2 years is up.

You still have a year and a half, so I hope you'll find some classes to get into. I'm sorry you've had bad luck getting selected.

For random classes we still the weighting system so each time you apply to a randomly selected class your chances improve. Ideally soon you'll get into one.

Teacher Selected classes, as always, are more competitive and harder to get into. Particularly Performance classes which have the most applicants of any class we have. (Zack Willis recently offered a teacher selected Improv in the Wild which had a much lower applicant pool despite being what looks like a very cool class)
kevhines

Users Information

Previous

Return to New York Training Center