SAVE THE DATE: 2018 UCBTLA Harold/Mess Hall Team Auditions

All information about 5919 Franklin Ave

SAVE THE DATE: 2018 UCBTLA Harold/Mess Hall Team Auditions

Postby bethappelUCB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello UCB! Consider this your "Save the Date" for the next round of Harold/Mess Hall Team auditions! Sign-ups and further details will be available at the end of July.

***Please read this post in its entirety before asking questions. Only questions answered by the Artistic Director or Artistic Assistant in this thread will be considered official answers.***

***Please do not ask questions about eligibility or auditions in Facebook groups, via email, or to any UCB Theatre or Training Center employees.***

APPROXIMATE DATES
Tuesday, July 31st, 2018 -- Sign-ups open
Sunday, August 26th, 2018 -- Sign-ups close
Thursday, August 30th, 2018 -- Auditioners notified of their first round audition date/time
Thursday, September 6th - Sunday, September 9th, 2018 -- First Round Auditions
Monday, September 10th, 2018 -- Auditioners notified of their callback date/time
Tuesday, September 11th - Thursday, September 13th -- 1st & 2nd Callbacks
Friday, September 14th - Saturday, September 15th -- Teams announced

***You must have availability during the above audition/callback times to be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.***

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (NOTE: THESE HAVE CHANGED SINCE LAST YEAR!)
Everyone meeting at least ONE of the following requirements will receive an audition:

1) You were accepted in the UCB Advanced Study Improv Program before January 25, 2018 and have taken any multi-week improv course at the UCB Training Center in LA/NY that had/has its final class between August 31, 2017 and October 1, 2018.

-OR-

2) You have been accepted into UCB Academy and have taken any multi-week improv course at the UCB Training Center in LA/NY that had/has its final class between August 31, 2017 and October 1, 2018.

-OR-

3) You have been a member of a Harold Team, Maude Team or Characters Welcome and have taken a multi-week improv course at the UCB Training Center in LA/NY that had/has its final class between August 31, 2016 and October 1, 2018.

-OR-

4) Were on a Mess Hall Team since October 2017 and have completed Improv 401 at UCB.

ELIGIBILITY EXCEPTIONS
Exceptions will be granted on a limited basis -- no one should expect to get an exception. There will, however, be a separate form for those seeking exceptions to the above eligibility requirements. This includes anyone accepted into UCB Advanced Study after January 25, 2018.

Exceptions will be granted based on space available.

MUSICAL MESS HALL
The next round of Mess Hall Teams will NOT include a musical team.

Again, the above dates are all approximate and tentative. Please check back for more information at the end of the month!

--
Beth Appel
Artistic Director
UCB Theater LA
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Re: SAVE THE DATE: 2018 UCBTLA Harold/Mess Hall Team Auditio

Postby joeydaps631992 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello,

I was curious where I could find the eligibility exception forms. It says to be eligible for an audition, you had to be accepted into Advanced Study before January 25th, I wasn’t accepted until May so I was curious how I could be eligible for an exception.

Thanks,
Joe
joeydaps631992

Users Information

Re: SAVE THE DATE: 2018 UCBTLA Harold/Mess Hall Team Auditio

Postby bethappelUCB » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 pm

joeydaps631992 wrote:Hello,

I was curious where I could find the eligibility exception forms. It says to be eligible for an audition, you had to be accepted into Advanced Study before January 25th, I wasn’t accepted until May so I was curious how I could be eligible for an exception.

Thanks,
Joe

ANSWER: All submission forms will be posted here on or around July 31st.
bethappelUCB

Users Information

Return to Los Angeles